Diagnostic Tests / Digital OPG
Today, three-dimensional imaging is offering the field of dentistry previously undreamed-of diagnostic and therapeutic options in the fields of surgery, prosthetics, orthodontics, and restorative dentistry.
An Orthopantomogram (OPG), also known as an “orthopantogram” or “panorex“, is a panoramic scanning dental X-ray of the upper and lower jaw. It shows a three-dimensional view of a half-circle from ear to ear.
OPGs are used by Dentists to provide information on
- Impacted wisdom teeth.
- Periodontal bone loss.
- Finding the source of dental pain.
- Assessment for the placement of dental implants.
- Orthodontic assessment.
The most common use is to determine the status of wisdom teeth.
We uses Sirona GALILEOS for OPG with following benefits
- Very large image volume (15 x 15 x 15) cm , with a resolution of up to 0.150 mm, projecting not only the entire craniofacial region but also the finest anatomical details.
- Intuitive integration of diagnosis, computeraided therapy planning, and precise intraoperative implementation.
- Excellent image quality permitting diagnosis of the finest details in three dimensions, with the lowest possible radiation dose among products available internationally.